The Phoenix Pipe Band is actively seeking new pipers and drummers to build our organization and expand our competitive bands.
We are actively looking for young players ages 11-15 for a new Youth Band we are excited to bring into the Arizona pipe band community.
Here’s what we offer:
- Experienced, professional instruction in Central Phoenix, East Valley, and Scottsdale
- A true “fun family atmosphere” (youngsters and parents always welcome!)
- The opportunity for solo competitions as well as band competition
- Annual trips to Scottish Games in California and Las Vegas with international opportunities available
- Parades and events throughout Arizona
- Camaraderie and accomplishment in one of the world’s most intriguing instruments
Over the age of 15? Not a problem, we accept students of all ages. You will have the opportunity to move into our Grade 5 band, which figures prominently in local parades, events, the occasional competition, and our trips as well.
When reaching a level of playing and accomplishment, all members have the opportunity to move into our competitive and internationally recognized Grade 3 Pipe Band.
Meet our instructors:
Click on the name of our instructors for a full bio, photos, and contact information
Jeff Anderson – Scottsdale
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @PhxPipeBand
What is the cost?
- A practice chanter and a beginning book will cost around $130 and usually less. Our band members and instructors only purchase from reputable bagpipe vendors and we will make sure you have the right equipment to create a successful learning experience.
How much are lessons?
- Contact the instructor in your area. Lesson costs are equivalent to professional music teachers in the metro area.
When do I have to buy bagpipes?
- Usually 3-6 months down the road depending on progress. Speak with your instructor regarding the purchase and again, we only purchase from reputable vendors.
- Call up the instructor in your area or email the band at firstname.lastname@example.org